It has been another busy year as the office raised funds for designated charity the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (QEHB) raising money specifically for children’s medical and recuperation treatments.
A total of £2,000 was raised from initiatives including a weekly dress down Friday, bake sales and organised events. Insurers also kindly donated luxury gifts towards last year’s summer raffle including a case of wine, iPod and Top Gear racing experience.
A cheque was presented to Justine Davy, Head of Fundraising at the QEHB charity by Richard Doubleday, Executive Director for Perkins Slade, along with members of the office Social Committee. The money raised will go towards funding treatments for sick and vulnerable children as well as providing support and bereavement counselling to families.
The Social Committee commented:
“We are very pleased by the amount of money we’ve raised to help fund children’s hospital treatments and provide the facilities to ensure their time in hospital is as comfortable as possible. We would also like to thank all members of staff who have each contributed towards supporting this worthy cause”.
Justine Davy also commented:
“I want to thank the staff at Perkins Slade, Birmingham for their fundraising during 2015/16 and for the fabulous cheque of £2,000 which they presented to the Charity. QEHB Charity rely on the support of businesses and the community to support the work that we, as a charity do, in supporting the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham with cutting edge equipment and ground- breaking research both of which, in turn, benefit patients at QEHB who come to the hospital not only from the Midlands but beyond.
We hope that all the staff at Perkins Slade enjoyed fundraising for QEHB Charity – especially the cake sales which are always a personal favourite of mine!”
Back to top
- Perkins Slade raise funds for the QE Hospital Charity
- Keep your technology safe and secure when travelling for business
- Bombing Incidents: Security Advice
- Sugar and spice... and some things nice
- Insurance premium tax to rise to 10% ahead of the 2016 Budget
- Notifying all businesses of changes to HSE sentencing
- Dangerous driving - Death by phantom drivers!
- Assessing the safety needs of female business travellers abroad
- Happy Christmas from Perkins Slade
- Dallas- The Autumn Statement from Southfork Ranch
- Travel Insurance for extreme sports abroad
- The Zika Virus over-shadowing major sports events
- Tennis player threatens to sue over safety on court
- Would your club survive a whaling attack?
- Stay safe when travelling abroad for sports events
- Does your club need Employer’s Liability insurance for volunteers?
- The night rider's guide to cycling safety
- Don't ski off without travel cover for winter sports
- Occupier duties for snow and ice - to grit or not to grit?
- Public sports venues reduce their insurance deals under new anti-terrorism scheme.
- Spring into action to protect your home this Easter
- Is your precious jewellery underinsured?
- Protect your property this winter.
- Black Friday begins! - Tips on safe shopping this season.
- What is car hire excess insurance?
- Tips on storing your classic car this winter.
- Winter driving - Top tips on road safety.
- Trick or treat? What horrors lie in store for your property this season!
- Expert renovation insurance advice from Perkins Slade
- Are you considering GAP Insurance?