Perkins Slade Limited (“us”) is data controller of your information and takes its responsibilities regarding privacy and security of customer information very seriously. This policy explains how we use information about our customers and how we protect your privacy.
Collection of personal information
We collect personal data when you contact us using one of the forms or email links or request a quotation.
Use of personal information
The information we collect will be used for the following purposes:
a) evaluation of your application for insurance or other product and, if such application is accepted by us, for the creation, operation and administration of your insurance policy
b) to contact you and deal with the query you have raised
c) for statistical analysis
d) business reporting and research into site usage
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not disclose any of your information outside our group (being, us, or subsidiaries, or holding companies and their subsidiaries) except:
• with your consent; or
• to insurance companies and other third parties for the purposes of evaluating your application for insurance or other products, underwriting and for claims assessment and handling purposes; or
• to credit reference and fraud prevention agencies for the purposes of identity verification. Such organisations may record, disclose and use that information to lenders and insurers who may use that information for debt tracing and for the prevention of fraud and the prevention of money laundering; or
• to persons who act as our agents or other service providers in connection with the issue of your insurance policy or product purchase and the operation and administration (including claims handling) of that policy or product purchase; or
• to anyone whom we may transfer our rights and duties under any agreement we may have with you; or
• for research and analysis purposes; or
• where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
If you purchase a PS Sports Travel policy, it may be necessary for us to transfer your personal details to third parties in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such countries may not have laws to protect your information. By purchasing a policy that includes the possibility of travel outside the EEA, you consent to us so transferring your information.
We will hold up to-date accurate information about you, as a client, which you can check (in return for a reasonable fee) by contacting us at Perkins Slade Limited, 3 Broadway, Broad Street, Birmingham, B15 1BQ. If your information is incorrect or incomplete we will amend your information as soon as possible on your instruction. To protect your privacy and security, Perkins Slade Limited may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or making the requested alterations.
Web site operation
When you access our site, we will record your IP address and collect information about how you use the site. We will use this information for research and analysis purposes.
Calls may be recorded and monitored for compliance and training purposes.
We may also use the data to send you information about products and services that might be of interest to you.
If your details change, or, if your marketing preferences change, or, if you have a question about this privacy statement, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Perkins Slade Ltd, 3 Broadway, Broad Street, Birmingham, B15 1BQ.
We will not provide your data to any third party for marketing purposes without obtaining your prior consent. We will not sell, rent or lease your personal information.
Links to other web sites
We are not responsible for the availability or content of, or products and services available on those web sites.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
We also follow security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which has been given to us, to provide an adequate level of security for that information.
It is important to remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Credit Card Transactions
For online credit card transactions, we use third party services to encrypt your payment details utilising their SSL (secure socket layer) technology.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
- Perkins Slade raise funds for the QE Hospital Charity
- Keep your technology safe and secure when travelling for business
- Bombing Incidents: Security Advice
- Sugar and spice... and some things nice
- Insurance premium tax to rise to 10% ahead of the 2016 Budget
- Notifying all businesses of changes to HSE sentencing
- Dangerous driving - Death by phantom drivers!
- Assessing the safety needs of female business travellers abroad
- Happy Christmas from Perkins Slade
- Dallas- The Autumn Statement from Southfork Ranch
- Travel Insurance for extreme sports abroad
- The Zika Virus over-shadowing major sports events
- Tennis player threatens to sue over safety on court
- Would your club survive a whaling attack?
- Stay safe when travelling abroad for sports events
- Does your club need Employer’s Liability insurance for volunteers?
- The night rider's guide to cycling safety
- Don't ski off without travel cover for winter sports
- Occupier duties for snow and ice - to grit or not to grit?
- Public sports venues reduce their insurance deals under new anti-terrorism scheme.
- Spring into action to protect your home this Easter
- Is your precious jewellery underinsured?
- Protect your property this winter.
- Black Friday begins! - Tips on safe shopping this season.
- What is car hire excess insurance?
- Tips on storing your classic car this winter.
- Winter driving - Top tips on road safety.
- Trick or treat? What horrors lie in store for your property this season!
- Expert renovation insurance advice from Perkins Slade
- Are you considering GAP Insurance?